We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

savannah wedding venues

Crestview, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
savannah wedding venues

We are looking for a wedding venue for early spring 2012 in Savannah. Anyone have any comments or help with our search? We have been looking at The Mansion on Forsyth. It will be rather small, around 75 or less in attendance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: savannah wedding venues

Many couples use Forsyth park in front of the fountain, also any of the squares can be rented for a ceremony. Brides and grooms are a regular sight around downtown in the spring.

The mansion is nice and across the street from Forsyth. If you don't want to chance planning on an outside ceremony maybe have the ceremony and the reception at the mansion.

Crestview, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: savannah wedding venues

Thanks. Looking for inside venue due to time of year. Just heard from The Mansion and found that what they post on their website for pricing and what they actually charge are two totally different things! Not happy with them right now. Will keep checking though. Thanks again.

Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: savannah wedding venues

Congratulations! We've stayed at the Hilton Desoto in the past and noticed weddings there so that's a possibility. I would think the larger hotels in Savannah would be able to host a small wedding. My daughter was married last month in Orange Park and her venue was a beautiful location on the St Johns River, in case you want to consider something closer to home. Feel free to email me for details.

Have fun.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: savannah wedding venues

Springtime in Savannah is extremely busy with tourism, weddings, St. Patrick's Day parade and much more. Our squares are popular for outdoor events such as weddings and are booked nonstop through the spring & summer weekends.

Your best bet in plannning a Savannah wedding is to contact a Savannah wedding planner and go from there. Squares & other venues must be reserved in advance, fees paid, etc. It's not too early to make firm plans and secure them for 2012. Ditto the downtown hotels, churches, etc.

Anne Hagin is one of Savannah's finest event planners (annehaginevents.com) as is Sebrell Smith...no, I am not employed nor have any association with these 2 names but I do know they are top-drawer wedding planners with strong references amongst locals.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: savannah wedding venues

Where not give the chapel at Bethesda home for boys a look. Besthesda is one of the oldest boys home in the States. Besthesda was founded by John Wesley. Now the place is mainly a school with a few boarding students. They have a small chapel they rent out for weddings. It will sit about 100 and is nice. It is a popular place for weddings.

John

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: savannah wedding venues

two other possibilities - The Ships of the Sea Museum and The Jepsom Center - I have been to weddings at both and they make beautiful venues

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: savannah wedding venues

that should be Jepson, not Jepsom

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
277 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: savannah wedding venues

We watched a wedding from our balcony at the AVIA last weekend which was held on the terrace. It looked like about 75 people which was just right for that area. The setting was very nice.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: savannah wedding venues

Like Winny, when we stayed at the AVIA in April, there was a wedding taking place in our hotel. I don't know where the actual ceremony was held, but I saw their ballroom set up for the reception, and it looked gorgeous! I would guesstimate there were probably about 60-80 people as well - they all seemed to be staying at our hotel so we would see them throughout the weekend.

We also saw 2 weddings in Forsyth Park, 1 in Calhoun Square (while on our ghost tour - kind of strange), and another being set up in one of the other squares - can't remember which one. Seems that spring would be the peak time for a wedding in the area, so I'd probably recommend hiring a wedding planner sooner rather than later.

BTW, as someone who is also planning a wedding (although not in Savannah), most places do not post what they actually charge on their websites..... so that's not uncommon! Any time I have actually been able to find pricing online it has been totally incorrect - so I just wanted to mention that!

Crestview, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: savannah wedding venues

thank you all so much on your input. I will certainly check these places out. I appreciate all the help.