We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balcony, terrace, or patio

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Balcony, terrace, or patio

We are planning to vacation in Savannah this winter. I smoke. My wife doesn't. We usually solve this problem by taking a non-smoking room with a balcony. So... can anybody recommend an upscale hotel in Savannah that has balconies where smoking is permitted? Thanks in advance!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

I don't know if there are any that even allow smoking on the balconies. I would call The Hyatt or the Marriott Riverfront. They are little older but still nice and may allow it on the balconies. Just FYI, all of Savannah's restaurants, bars, etc, are non smoking now.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

Thanks for your reply. ALL of Marriott properties are now totally smoke-free (which is why I never sta there anymore). But I will try the Hyatt. And should you wake up in the middle of the night with another idea - don't call me, but do write me!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

The Westin across the river has balconies, so does the DeSoto Hilton.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

Great. Thank you! I'll contact them later today and let you know.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

River Street Inn has some balconies too. I'd try them if the Hyatt, Westin or Hilton Desoto don't work out.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I'll be contacting them all later today and will let you know.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

Highly recommend the AVIA and yes a lot of the rooms have balconies.

8. Re: Balcony, terrace, or patio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 06:19