We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours this weekend

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Tours this weekend

Taking a last minute trip this weekend so just started planning!

Which tour company should we use? I have found good and bad reviews for both: Shannon Scott tours and Savannah Heritage tours.

Thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours this weekend

I think Explore Savannah is the best tour company in town. It's not a big outfit but does a great job. They are nice folks. Good luck.

http://www.exploresavannah.com/

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours this weekend

Are you looking for a ghost tour? Do you want a private or group tour? If you're doing a ghost tour, I suggest booking as soon as possible. I believe Blue Orb has been sold out over a month now for the 10:00 tour on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm sure Explore Savannah does a good ghost tour if he's not already full. Shannon may still have some availability. I think Shannon does a good job on a ghost tour. A ghost tour is normally a history tour with ghost stories thrown in. In all probability you won't have a paranormal experience. Most of the tour guides that I've been on will tell you about their paranormal experiences. Savannah Heritage is a motorized tour. I suggest doing a walking ghost tour if possible. This is the biggest weekend for ghost tours in Savannah and most companies will be running extra tours so the sooner you book the more likely you'll get a good tour with a great guide.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours this weekend

I will suggest you consider Savannah Dan. He is a very nice guy who gives a great group tour twice daily so you can book with him at the last minute. He loves being a tour guide and it shows in his reviews.

www.savannahdan.com

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,046 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours this weekend

I highly recommend Savannah Rambles. I take tours in just about every location I visit and Dirk is the best guide I've ever had. Check out his website and his background working for the Savannah Historican Association -

www.savannahrambles.com

5. Re: Tours this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:17