We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant recommendation

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant recommendation

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Savannah in April, and he has left me (the foodie) in charge of restaurant recommendations. I'm looking for a few romantic restaurant recommendations. I've done some research, and it looks like Old Pink House, Elizabeth's on 37th, Sapphire Grill, and Gottlieb's could all be good bets. What would you recommend? And since Elizabeth isn't at Elizabeth's anymore...is it still worth going to??

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

All those are good choices. i would add Il Pasticcio and Garibaldi's. Also a new place Vic,s on the river. It is beautiful and so far the reviews have been very good.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

Thanks, Brian! Which of those has the best ambience? We're there for a few days, so hopefully I'll try many of them, but I'm looking for one "special" place for Saturday night :).

Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

I am interested in this discussion, too. I will be in Savannah March 29 for my birthday and would like a great spot for a special meal. I love historic, not too loud or too pretentious, and of course good american/italian food :) What would your top 3 be? I am staying in the historic district thet night.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

Three of my friends have tried Vic's on the River and they praised it highly. (It's not a chain: it's owned by a local physician who has taken great pride in restoration of the building and a personal interest in the menu/food design and layin' in a great wine cellar.) There's also The Mansion on Forsyth Park (five star hotel with highly rated restaurant). It's lovely and overlooks our biggest park (exquisite fountain, especially when lighted in the evening.) You'd need rather deep pockets for this one, I'm told. The Sapphire Grill has never disappointed (but again, bring money!). It's also a real treat to take the little ferry across the river to the Westin - preferably at about sundown when the lights on River Street come on - and have a drink while looking back across the river to the historic district...very romantic. (Sadly, I'd not recommend staying there for dinner, however.)

Stroll down Broughton Street, just past the corner of Broughton and Abercorn to Basil Leopold's for ice cream, too. Venus de Milo is a nice wine bar with a great selection. For a tapas meal, Jazz'd Tapas Bar is great.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

Coziest, I would have to vote for Pink House, people watching Il Pasticcio or Gottliebs. Our favorite for a special Saturday night is Garibaldi's. These are all in a 5-6 block radius, take a look for yourself, discreetly if you wish.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic restaurant recommendation

We went to the Olde Pink House for our anniversary dinner back in August and were very pleased. The food was great and the ambience was nice.

After dinner, we sat in the lovely square outside and watched the moon rise. Very romantic. My husband even took a picture of the moon shining through the trees. We had the photo enlarged and it hangs in his office now.