We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Woodstock, Georgia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Looking for some help with restaurant recommendations for restaurants that we would be comfortable bringing a toddler to. My husband and I love to eat at unique and interesting places, but having a toddler, it is a little more difficult to pick restaurants than it used to be. We don't want to give up good food, but don't want to ruin other diners evenings. Anyone have suggestions? From the website, I'd love to eat at The Olde Pink House or Elizabeth on 37th, but it seems they would be not terribly suitable to bring a toddler. HELP!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Crystal Beer Parlor and B Matthews are good choices. There are some nice places to dine in Savannah City Market as well.

Crystal Beer Parlor @ 301 West Jones St., Savannah, GA. 912 - 231 - 0999.

http://www.crystalbeerparlor.com/

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

No matter where you go, you wil be risking the ire of other diners if your toddler is tired and acts up. Kids do that, you know!

Until he/she grows to an age that you can depend on the behavior to be suitable, stick to places like Mcdonalds or Burger King.

Michigan
Level Contributor
85 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

What better way to teach your little one suitable restaurant manners than by taking them out to eat. I'm sure you have common sense enought to leave if he/she "acts up". Our kids loved Vinnies in City Market. It's a fun, nothing fancy place with good pizza. Get a window seat at The Boars Head on River Street. It has good food, plus your little one might enjoy watching for boats going by. There are many places on River Street and City Market that are used to tourists with kids. I'm sure you don't want to eat at Mcdonalds during your stay in Savannah. There is an elevator behind the Hyatt on Bay St that will take you down to River Street. Easier than the stairs with a little one.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

There are several places on Broughton Street that would be great places for kids .Leapolds Ice Cream is nice.

Woodstock, Georgia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Thank you so much for all the great suggestions! Definitely no McDonalds for us!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Aileen.........is this how you treat Savannah visitors. Send them to McDonalds and tell them how to raise their children. Children learn from their parents. If they end up at McDonald's they will learn to eat like McDonald customers. Take children to nice places and teach them the fine parts of dining. I saw Eli Manning with his less than a year old baby girl at Oxford, MS's finest restaurant recently. She did fine. When she got tired Eli took her outside so his wife could finish dinner and then they went home.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Axle, I was under the impression that people asked for advice when they posted here.

Small children do misbehave at the worse possible moments. Therefore, why run the risk of having to handle them a tantrum in a nice restaurant. There's plenty of time for that.

McDonald customers can also have good manners. It's just a matter of which is the more appropriate place for a toddler. It depends of what you think is a toddler. I call a child that is just learning to walk a toddler.

Somehow, I don't believe that a young toddler is able to grasp the art of fine dining. They may even still throw food from a highchair.

However, If anyone wants to take a chance......well, so be it! I would hate to have my husband have to take one of my children outside so that I could finish MY meal.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

People ask for advice. Not to be insulted. Sure some childern do act up but thats part of life. I dont like when a child throws a tantrum at restuarant but I deal with it and am just glad Im not the parent.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

I have ate at the Olde pink house a few times. The first time I did not make a reservation and had a table in the basement where there was a piano player and music so it was louder with the music and the people talking. You could call ahead and get a reservation downstairs and enjoy the food still. I also recommend Goose Feathers for lunch. They close around 3:30 pm I believe. They have some tables outside where you could eat and enjoy the warm air. I love their Panini sandwiches.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Savannah Restaurants with Toddler-NOT Pirate House, etc.

Aileenn.....maybe I didn't explain the issue with Eli. He was dining on the Oxford Square which has an outstanding bookstore next door to the City Grocery Restaurant. The child was not having a fit just getting restless. I'm sure Eli took her on a stroll on the Square while his wife finished and enjoyed her dinner in peace. I think it's nice for a spouse to help the other with kids when one gets restless. It's not like he took the child out in the cold winter weather. Regardless I think children should be exposed to nice dining and less burger joints like McDonald's and Popeyes. I do agree you have some good customers that know how to act but you have a lot of bad ones at least we do here.