We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels that offer a military discount?

Hiram, Georgia
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels that offer a military discount?

Does anyone know of any hotels that offer a military discount? I am going with my parents and sister this summer and I am leaning towards renting a place but my parents want a hotel if we can get a good enough deal using my Dad's military id.

Thanks!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,297 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels that offer a military discount?

Almost all hotels offer government rates but most require you to be on official business.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels that offer a military discount?

Be very careful!

I have never had a hotel question my Gov id or my military id until the Staybridge did in Savannah. I work for the Federal Gov and have a retired military id. We are encouraged to use it for personal travel but most of the time my AAA card has better discounts. We had a huge talk about this at work and only two others have had any hotel dispute this. One made them split the bill since their husband was not a Gov worker. I would check out flipkey and see what they have for rentals in Savannah.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Jacksonville...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels that offer a military discount?

The inn at Ellis Square is 50-60% off with a military ID. Great hotel right in the action of everything. I stay here every time. A room that cost $200 - $300 will only cost $99 - $129. Cant beat that. This hotel is owned by Days inn. You will not find the rate on the Inn at Ellis Square web page, but if you go to the Days Inn web page you will find it under Special Offers (Govt)

4. Re: Hotels that offer a military discount?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:16