We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, Delaware
2 posts
Save Topic
Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Hi. I'm 48 yo woman. Looking to relocate. I can keep my current job Ndwork from home. I'd like to walk to restaurants and shops. I think I will rent for a while. I found a few neighborhoods in town that seem a little pricey. Does anyone know anything about the isle of Hope area? How far to downtown and historic district? Is it worlds away mentally? Also, wondering if locals truly appreciate northerners moving in?

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Please explain to this ignorant southerner what you mean by 'is it worlds away mentally?" From what?

Do you mean, are the people of Isle of Hope in the lower range of IQ?

Wilmington, Delaware
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Hi Aileen no! Don't mean that at all. My wording wasn't the best. What I meant is the pace, amenities etc. I've been doing as much research as I can on the. Web about the area. Lots found about historic district,Victorian district and a lot of other neighborhoods but I find very little about isle of hope. I love the name of it and the housing I've found on web in that area seems great, but little known about the area.

Thanks

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Residential. No commercial business except one marina.

Amenities: Indoor plumbing.

There are people that come south from the north. And then there are people that feel the need to point out that they are northeners. Why?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

Kim, feel free to send me a PM and I can tell you our excellent experiences as we work towards relocating from a lifetime in the Boston area. I understand Aileen600's comments so it will be important to understand that you will be relocating to another part of the States and we are all one country. But I would love to give you some information that you might find useful.

5. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 13:39
Boston
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

I am confused, are you the same person who originally posted this inquiry?Sometimes this is an indication of someone trolling the website to cause uneccesary conflict. Or did you just totally change your name?

7. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 03:37
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of relocating to Savannah...questions

I wish I could find the study but someone measured how long it took for someone to honk their car horn when the car ahead of them at a green light did not move forward. In NYC it was .2 of a second. In the south, it was 2 minutes or more. I think the longest time was in Birmingham, AL - and no one honked for several cycles of the red light. We are different. We may seem to move more slowly. We may seem to be less intense. We may seem to be more patient. We may aggravate fast moving, in a hurry, wait on me NOW!, kinds of people absolutely stark raving mad. And most of the time...we really don't care. It's kind of funny watching Northerners get their panties in a wad. :-D Things move more slowly in the hot, humid south. ;)