We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Riverside...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I am thinking about either Planters Inn or Marshall House. Any recommendations regarding one of these two? My husband and I will be visiting for 3 nights in June. Cleanliness is really important to me, as is size of the room. Both of these places sound good and are in our desired location.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Both are in older buildings but either one is a great hotel. I would stay at Planters Inn mostly because it's located in a square and ask for a room facing the square. It's located beside of the Olde Pink House restaurant so that's a plus.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you, MZVikkee.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I stayed at the Planters Inn for about a week in January for business. It seems to cater to older couples. The location is excellent and there are parking garages on either side of it- if you park your own car, its very cheap to do so. They serve a good breakfast but weirdly, don't provide plates for the food. That was my one complaint that was never addressed. Otherwise, the room I had wasn't big but was fine. Be sure to ask for a room facing the Square, otherwise you will look out to a garage. The place was spotless also.

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
268 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

At Planters Inn, you would not only want to face Reynolds Square, but see if you could get a balcony room on the 2nd floor...that makes the stay there so much more worth it. Never stayed at the Marshall House, but have a Planters Inn many times and it was always enjoyable.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Planters Inn for location.

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:16