We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

Coconut Creek...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

Are there any dance clubs that are not filled with twenty somethings in Tybee Island and Savannah?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

I don't think Savannah/Tybee is the kind of place you're looking for if you want dance clubs.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

Great city, no dancing other than maybe at the Rocks at the top of the Bohemian Hotel on River Street when they have live music. We did this a few weeks ago when we were last and we were the only couple trying to wiggle our fannies to the excellent live quartet. Nothing on Tybee. Try checking ads when you are there for hotel/motels in the Midtown section along Abercorn. We thought we saw an ad for golden oldies night at one spot but never drove over to see.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

I will send you a pm but there's several places to dance in and around City Market and River Street. You will see all ages at some of them and then some will be more 20 somethings.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

There's all kinds of dance clubs in Savannah.

Check out www.connectSavannah.com for the latest information.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

The best dance club is ClubOne, right at City Market. It's the gay club. The Lady Chablis performs there once a month if you want to go see her. But the club is going to be a mix of people, all ages, gay and straight. IMO there are not enough "dance clubs" in Savannah to have one cater to a non-20 crowd. I agree that you'll see people wiggling their butts to live music throughout the city - including on Ellis Square - but a dance club with an older clientele? Maybe shag clubs in SC but I don't know of any in Savannah/Tybee. It's a little city/ big town. Tybee is a beach town. It's not a Panama City (thank goodness)

Coconut Creek...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

What are all the squares about? Just different blocks?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

Seriously? Do you know anything about Savannah? I mean, in addition to dance clubs what are your expectations? …wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Georgia

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

Savannah is a small city and the historic district is a VERY small area within that city. Most are drawn to Savannah for its historic charm - similar to Charleston. If your main interest is dance clubs, Savannah and Tybee may be quieter than you are looking for.

Coconut Creek...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

My main interest is beaches and we're spending the wee on Tybee with maybe a day or two in Savannah. Just going to do sightseeing and a few meals. The dancing is not absolutely necessary since I'm from Fort Lauderdale and can do it anytime.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dance clubs in tybee island and savannah

I consider Savannah to be a fun city and definitely not boring and the nightlife at times is quiet and then at other times, it's rather wild. When you can go a bar in the historic district and tell them you want a cocktail or beer to go, I find that refreshing. Some people may not but I come from a little small town where if you enjoy a cocktail on occasion, you are considered a sinner who is doomed. Of course, you are walking when you get your cocktail to go, as I don't condone drinking and driving.

I'm 53 years old and have never felt out of place at Club One, Crypt Pub or McDonough's which is a Karaoke bar. I also enjoy the piano bar at The Olde Pink House Tavern and at 1790 Inn and the jazz at Jazz'd Tapas Bar. That may be because I'm young at heart and enjoy all kinds of music and age to me is just a number. All of these places I named are just fun places to go to. When I want to go dancing, I'm looking for places that plays a variety of music where you can move to the beat whether it's fast or slow and I believe Savannah offers you that.