We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Browns Family Restaurant

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
The Browns Family Restaurant

Can anyone give me any opinions of The Browns Family Restaurant on Ogechee Rd? I could not really find any reviews on it so I thought I would ask here.

Thank you

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

Never heard of it. Ogeechee Road is quite long. It could be anywhere, including some pretty awful areas.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,450 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

Never heard of it either

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

I have never been there, but have seen it, its near the intersection of Ogeechee Road and 516.

I found a couple of reviews, the restaurant has some good certificates for sale on Restaurant.com, which will entitles you to some good savings.

savannahnow.com/do/….T-E9OMX4JYg

yelp.com/biz/browns-family-restaurant-savann…

I hope this helps

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

I have never been there but if I recall correctly it is the same family that had The Sisters Of the New South restaurant.

Savannah, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

The Brown's Family Restaurant is a sister Restaurant to Sisters of the New South. We are located at 3718 Ogeechee Rd Savannah, GA 31405

912-232-8609. We have been in business for 3 1/2 years. We served the same Southern dishes as Sisters of the New South. We have southern favorites such as Oxtails, Fried/Baked Chicken, Liver & Onions, Smothered Pork Chops, BBQ Ribs, Turkey Wings..That's just to name a few. Then to top it off with sides such as Mac & Cheese, Yams, Okra & Tomatoes, Lima Beans, Cabbage, Collard Greens..Again, that's just to name a few.

Please visit our web site at www.thebrownsfamilyrestaurant.com for a complete list of foods and other information you many have.

Savannah, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

The Brown's Family Restaurant is a sister Restaurant to Sisters of the New South. We are located at 3718 Ogeechee Rd Savannah, GA 31405

912-232-8609. We have been in business for 3 1/2 years. We served the same Southern dishes as Sisters of the New South. We have southern favorites such as Oxtails, Fried/Baked Chicken, Liver & Onions, Smothered Pork Chops, BBQ Ribs, Turkey Wings..That's just to name a few. Then to top it off with sides such as Mac & Cheese, Yams, Okra & Tomatoes, Lima Beans, Cabbage, Collard Greens..Again, that's just to name a few.

Please visit our web site at www.thebrownsfamilyrestaurant.com for a complete list of foods and other information you many have.

Savannah, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

Thank you very much for your info....we do hope to stop by while we are in the Savannah and Tybee are in a few weeks.

SAVANNAH
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

I am a native of Savannah, GA and I moved to Paris in 2008..I have not been back to Savannah until now. When I came back to Savannah I wanted some good home cooking. I checked around to see what has changed since I left and a few people mentioned Brown' Family Restaurant on Ogeechee Rd. I decided to try it and WOWWWWW what a great welcome home.. I had fried chicken, mac & cheese, yams, corn bread and some of the BEST red velvet cake I ever had in my life. I've only been back in Savannah for 1 week and I have already visited this place 3 times. The parking was GREAT! This place is under rated. I don't think a lot of people know about it because it wasn't really crowded on either of my visits. Everyone needs to visit this place. I promise you won't be dissappointed. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I heard that they are a sister company to Sisters of the New South Restaurant on Skidaway and both restaurants has been around for almost 4 years..WOW!! I will be leaving in about 3 more weeks to go back to Paris so that means I have at least 10 more visits to Brown's Fmily Restaurant before I leave LOL!!

10. Re: The Browns Family Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:18