We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah -> Atlanta | Driving Time?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah -> Atlanta | Driving Time?

Hi all,

I will be driving an Avis rental car back from Savannah to Atlanta airport on Monday. I'd like to stop in Juliette to pay homage to Fried Green Tomatoes, and anticipate that this lunch-stop would be around an hour.

Could anyone please indicate how long it would generally take to get to Savannah to Atlanta airport with a side-stop in Juliette? Google Maps is suggesting it looks to be around a 4.5 hour drive.

Many thanks,

Michaela

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,776 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah -> Atlanta | Driving Time?

That is about right- but think it will actually take about 5 hours. Juliette is about a 25-30 minute drive off I 75 and if you do lunch for an hour- then you are talking about an extra 2 hours. It usually takes us about 4 hours to drive from the Atlanta airport to Savannah.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
17,266 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah -> Atlanta | Driving Time?

Juliette is just 10 miles off I75 and there will be no traffic to be concerned about. Because you are trying to catch a flight afterwards, you want to allow enough extra time...but it should only take about 15 miles from Forsyth to Juliette.

Mentioned in this post
Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park
7,106 Reviews
Savannah, GA
3. Re: Savannah -> Atlanta | Driving Time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:16