We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best accom for solo travellers

Melbourne
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
best accom for solo travellers

Hi, I am spedding four nights in Savannah and was looking for a hotel/B&B that offers a social atmosphere where its easy to meet fellow travellers, preferably in the historic district. Any suggestions?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best accom for solo travellers

There are a ton of both in the HD so you might want to call the B&Bs to see what kind of clientele they expect so you are with people by age or other demographic you would be comfortable with. B&Bs are much more likely to encourage chats around the breakfast table than hotels.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best accom for solo travellers

My suggestion is the Avia or one of the other hotels around City Market, Doubletree Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Inn on Ellis Square. Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are close by along with the Hyatt. We've met many people traveling for business in City Market restaurants and restaurants/bars on Broughton Street. Check out the bar at Moon River Brewery as I feel certain you can meet a mixture of locals, business travelers, and tourists.

Michigan
Level Contributor
94 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best accom for solo travellers

I stayed as a solo traveller at The 1895 Inn and had a fantastic time. It's very centrally located in the HD so I was equidistant to Forsyth Park and the river front. And I was comfortable walking back to the Inn from other spots in the HD because the area is well lit and well travelled in the evening. Breakfast is served at a (gorgeous antique) communal dining table where I was able to share stories with the couples who were staying at the Inn. Every evening, there is wine & cheese in the parlor and while not everybody particpated every day, I could usually find somebody to talk to. And if Innkeeper Ed is in the kitchen getting breakfast ready for the next day, you can spend some time chatting with him about what you've done that day. If you want to read more about my solo trip, here is the link (sorry, I couldn't get it to hyperlink):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60814-i133-k52810…

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best accom for solo travellers

I second the Avia. Great location and you can meet people at the lounge/bar in the lobby. Very walkable to all attractions and the City Market where most of the nightlife happens.

5. Re: best accom for solo travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2013, 10:16