We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

I will be passing through Savannah and returning on my way to North Carolina. I have made reseravations at the Baymont on Abercorn with the results of reviews from this forum. Is this an old remodeled La Quinta? I have been reading some good reviews of Springhill at the same location. Do I have this right, is the Spring Hill new, and which would be the best choice for price and cleanliness? Also is there a new motel at Gateway? If so what is the name?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

If you are just sleeping, no plans to visit the historic district, you will save yourself 25 minutes each way by staying at 204 and 95 over going not=rth on Abercorn. That's all I got.

Garden City GA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

I think that LaQuinta has just taken over the Baymont. I may be mistaken, but I think that's correct. I think the old La Quinta has been demolished.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

My husband and I stayed at the Springhill on I-95. It was very clean and our rate was less than $100 a night. I have also read that the Springhill on Abercorn is nice as well. Actually, I think it is probably nicer. The one on I-95 lacks good customer service but we didn't require much assistance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

We stayed at the Baymont on Abercorn last August. It's been a Baymont for some years now. It was okay. Nothing great but it was clean, safe and the breakfast was good. We were gone most of the time so it really didn't matter. It's a straight shot to the historic area, too.

Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

Thanks for all your help once again. I looked at the new Springhill at Gateway 1-95. It is very nice and just opened in April of this year.

Beautifully decorated. I made reservations. The regular rate is $139, but they have a senior rate of $119 plus 11% tax. We don't mind staying that far out. We enjoy driving to the Malls . We ate at the Olive Garden and Outback last year and the food was terrible. We had intended to drive into town but it was storming (as is the case most evenings when we are passing through that time of the year) Any suggestions for resturants around mid-town, or downtown? We are not looking for gourmet, just simple Savannah food.

England
Level Contributor
462 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

Molly bird you are correct about outback , i went in there one time the place smelled of urine so I just walked out , the olive tree well the pizza was nice but wouldnt eat any thing else in there . Logans I enjoyed and will be back there this year for sure ,I am staying in springhill suites oposite Logans in midtown I know the area well now. At least you will be next to Cracker barrel up at 1-95 lokking forward to going to the store once I have landed .

England
Level Contributor
462 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

Forgot to mention TEXAS ROAD HOUSE AND GRILL at the Savannah shopping mall , I enjoyed the meal I had there .

Midtown you also have applebee's these are places we dont have here in England and I guess like you I am not into all that pretty as a picture type tarty food that looks like it wont fill up a cup let a lone a person . Not into all that fast food junk either .

Can any one answer why when you order a meal in America it comes up HUGE and I mean HUGE ,and would feed two maybe three people heck I leave so much behind and dont want to have a doggy bag .....

Fort Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

Thanks Harleyrider for you good choices on resturants. We like Texas Road House. We always eat there in Asheville, North Carolina, and remember seeing Logan's last year. We will give both of them a try. We live in SW Florida and do not have the Texas Road House. Hope your trip to the US is filled with good times, good food and good drinks. Thanks for all your replies, and every one else who responded. This is such a great site. I am so grateful for finding it and being a member.

9. Re: Help me make a choice of Motels!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 00:18