We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick stay in Savannah

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Quick stay in Savannah

Driving to Sarasota, Florida from NJ. First stop with friends in Durham, NC. Then I figured Savannah would be an easy 5 or 6 hours and we could do some sightseeing.

Ideas on what to do for an afternoon/evening stay? Seems like we should stay in the Historic District.

Suggestions for reasonably priced hotels.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick stay in Savannah

A recent post on this forum recommended the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express on East Bay Street. both are in the Historic District. We stayed at the Springhill Suites (needed a 'suite' for our family group) - convenient location and reasonably priced for Savannah. Avoid places that are labelled 'Midtown' since they are nowhere near the Historic District. Your best bet for an overnight stay would be to stay centrally located and leave the car parked at your hotel. Savannah is very walkable.

nj
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick stay in Savannah

You might consider Priceline and bid in the Historic District. This won't work, however, if you need a suite. I was able to get a 3 star hotel, Marriott Courtyard in the HD for $130.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick stay in Savannah

Agree with priceline, I have gotten the Westin several times for under $90/night. But with priceline you are not guaranteed what the bed situation will be (king or 2 beds).

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick stay in Savannah

Priceline's app for last minute deals might work as you're allowed to usually choose what type of bed you want. Bear in mind a certain request and the rate may be higher. When I look for tonight, Four Points Sheraton has a rate of $79 which is excellent. There's several others right at $100 a night located in the historic district.

5. Re: Quick stay in Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:16