We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rv stay in Savannah

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
rv stay in Savannah

We are going to be visiting Savannah, and we are looking for a convenient location to park. We don't require a lot of extras, mostly want to be close to downtown. Looking for a spot for two nights. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rv stay in Savannah

I don't think that you will find an RV park close to downtown. There is one at Tybee Island, another at Skidaway Island. There used to be one near Hardeeville SC and another in Richmond Hill. All will be about 20 miles or more, away from downtown Savannah.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rv stay in Savannah

Skidaway Island State park is your best bet. It's a straight shot to the Truman parkway that takes you directly to the HD in about 15 minutes. Nice campground with 2 walking trails.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rv stay in Savannah

I would recommend Skidaway Island State park. After that the campground on Tybee. Those are the two which is the easiest to get to downtown. Both are 20 to 30 minutes depending on the traffic. There is one on 204 but it is farther away. The same with Richmond hill. There is a campground at Red Gate farm on Chatham Parkway which is closer to downtown. It always seems to have several campers in it but it is an open field, an old cow pasture with your basic water, electricity and maybe sewer.

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rv stay in Savannah

Thank you everyone for your help. We are looking forward to our stay in the fine city of Savannah. I am reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, great book.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rv stay in Savannah

Oh, my!!!! Please don't come expecting to see the city that you read about in that book. That was a highly fictional book about a real murder.

Another thought. If your RV is one of those huge ones, you won't be able to drive it around the squares. I think you will have to park it somewhere (but I don't know where) and walk or take a tour bus.

6. Re: rv stay in Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 07:17