We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah in October

maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah in October

We will be in Savannah for one day in the middle of October. There will be four adults in our party. Could someone give us some suggestions as to how best spend our day. Thank you.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,502 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah in October

Should be great weather for a bus tour in the AM. That will give you an overview of the city so you can have lunch then go to the area you most liked.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah in October

All depends of course on what your interests are. If you all enjoy walking, I suggest just spending the day strolling through all the Squares, eating when you find a place you like or have researched, spend a few minutes along the riverfront watching the boats, just relaxing and enjoying the architecture and food mostly. Don't forget Forsythe Park. Its only a mile from the river to the end of the park I think just as a basic walking guide.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah in October

I suggest doing a trolley tour to get started. You'll learn so much more about Savannah. If you go with Oglethorpe it won't take but 90 minutes. Use the rest of the time to wander around and make photos or take a house tour if you want.

4. Re: Savannah in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 07:17