We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planters or Marshall House

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Planters or Marshall House

My husband and I (and our 8 month old) are planning our first trip to savannah in a couple weeks and are torn on these two places. We don't have any requirements for this trip, we just want to take in the city and plan to do a lot of walking.

What would be your choice and why? Thanks so much!!!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planters or Marshall House

I would choose Planters Inn mostly because of the location of being in Reynolds Square and away from street noise. Marshall House is located on a busy street and I feel like you would hear more noise. If you stay at Planters, ask for a room that faces the square so you'll have a better view as some rooms face the parking deck.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planters or Marshall House

What she said ^^^

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planters or Marshall House

What they said! ^^ :)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planters or Marshall House

I stayed at the Planters Inn once and I would check to make sure they can accommodate your baby unless you have a portacrib. It was 100% aging baby boomers when I was there, nice place though.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planters or Marshall House

If you need a crib, I'd make sure to ask that before booking. I would think they do but but they may not have very many but you may be planning to take your own portable crib if you're driving. Have fun.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planters or Marshall House

I can't imagine a hotel/inn not having a crib. Call ahead and check if you wish.

Re 100% baby boomers - that's not unusual in Savannah, especially on non-holiday or festival weekends. That's not unusual in a lot of tourist locations, especially during weekdays during the school year. That's true of Disney World midweek during the school year.

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planters or Marshall House

Hands down....Planters Inn

And yes, ask for a room facing Reynolds Square and maybe even one of the 2nd floor balcony rooms.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planters or Marshall House

The website gives you those choices when you book the rooms.

Austin, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Planters or Marshall House

Thank you everyone! We went with planters with a view of Reynolds Square just like you suggested! :-)

10. Re: Planters or Marshall House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18