We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

I have heard so much about Savannah and how beautiful it is that I am planning to go there in October this year. However, I absolutely cannot stand palmetto bugs. They give me the creeps. That is making me apprehensive about going to Savannah. Is there any particular time of year when palmetto bugs are not as prevalent in Savannah.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen maybe one in the many times I have been. Everyone sprays for them constantly. Just don't stay in a super cheap motel and you will probably not see one at all

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,648 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

I've never seen a palmetto bug in a hotel in Savannah. I would not worry about it either.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

Never had an issue with palmetto bugs in any hotel room I've stayed in while visiting Savannah. This past July, I never had an issue with any insects at all, even flies or mosquitoes.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

Thanks for the reply. I am now more at ease about going to Savannah.

5. Re: Palmetto Bugs in Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:16