We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah St. Patricks Day

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah St. Patricks Day

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if you could give me some information. Thinking of planning a trip to Savannah next year March 2015 for St. Patricks Day. We are 5 girls, late twenties, and will be visiting from Boston. None of us have ever been to Savannah in the past, and we are looking for some help!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any hotels in Savannah within walking distance of the parade, bars,and good resturants. Hotel needs to be clean, and not complain too much about drunk girls coming in late from a night out. Preferably somewhere that has a touch of Georgia charm. Hoping to keep the price reasonale, but I do know some places are around $400 a night because of the parade. Maybe somewhere that has a suite would be better?

We have a fairly large St. Patricks Day parade in Boston so this is something to change it up for us a bit. What areas of the city are popular during the time? Also, is there a srtrict open container policy? How far in advance do you recommend booking?

Clearly this is very far in advance. However, any resturants/tours/bars that are must sees? Also, I have heard shopping is a must - any recommendations?

Thank you for the input in advance!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

The historic district in Savannah is small and walkable. Any hotel in the HD would be a good choice.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

If you don't want to walk, and be right on the parade route, consider the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express, both on Bay Street. Also, under construction and not yet open, will be a Klimpton Hotel at Bay and Houston Sts.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

Wow! The Mulberry is become a Kimpton?! Wow!

The Brice Hotel, Savannah, Georgia

The Mulberry Inn, a 145-room hotel in downtown Savannah, is located in an historic site that once housed a livery stable, a cotton warehouse and later a Coca-Cola bottling plant. The property was converted into a hotel in 1982. The Mulberry Inn is owned in a joint venture between KHP Fund II and KHP Fund III, and will undergo a major renovation in the latter half of 2013 to convert into a Kimpton hotel: the Brice. Read the press release.

kimptonhotels.com/pdfs/…index.html

Edited: 10 January 2014, 16:14
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

I agree any hotel in the historic district will be great as you can walk everywhere. I live in Savannah and go to the parade every year ( March 17th is also my birthday)! I would recommend renting bleacher seats right along the parde route. Contact Kelly Tours and you will have your choice of different areas on the route, it costs about $25 each and you will be right near the road and have great viewing. We always sit along Bay St as you can run across and get a drink at the bars and also get down to River Street easily. After the parade we usually end up in City Market where there is always a band playing outside with some great people watching! You will love St Patrick's Day in Savannah, it is a blast! Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

All hotels in the HD are used to the partying for St. Patrick's Day so I don't think you'll have an issue there. If someone is there that objects to drinking and partying, then they shouldn't be in Savannah over St. Patrick's Day. The main thing is don't uriniate in public and keep your clothes on and you'll be fine. 1790 Inn would be awesome place to stay. It's close to the parade route. It has the historic charm and great little bar to hang out in. Their rooms will run close to $250 a night before taxes during St. Patrick's Day but I would say that's average and probably on the lower end of the scale. They do have a guest house that would be great. The only issue is they may have guests who rent from year to year and I'm sure they get first choice. There are several rentals in that area that you might want to check into. I know there's one I've been looking at in the old Columbia Square Inn for when I visit next time. It has 2 bedrooms and would be great for a group of friends. I believe it sleeps 6. The main issue with that one is there's only one bath. Other places to consider as far as hotels that are older are Planters Inn, Marshall House, President's Quarters. Have fun.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

Book yesterday -- this is a very crowded event, in a small area, so you want to be within walking distance of it. You can always cancel and rebook if you find a better deal in the next year. You will pay a higher price, to be closer, but considering the hassle of trying to park and get in, it is worth paying to be inside the event.

Tinley Park...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

Can you still get hotels for this years parade? Where would you stay that is close to parade and bars?

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

I would go with the Hampton Inn on Bay St. Why ? In the historic district, parade goes right by it, ever try & get to a toilet when 400,000 visit a city of 125,000 so it's nice to have a bathroom instead of a porta potty. Book as early as possible. Most have 3 day minimum.

Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

We live in Northeast Fl. We were thinking to drive very early that morning and get the bleacher seats. Where do you suggest we park and how early do you think we should arrive? thanks!

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Savannah St. Patricks Day

Very difficult to drive in & park. Suggest you go to Oglethorpe Mall & catch a bus that the city provides for a couple of dollars. They leave every 15 minutes or so. Down town is blocked off from Henry St North for the width of the parade at 6:00 AM. They open back up between 3 & 4 PM