We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

We are an Australian couple in our late 30s travelling to Savannah for the first time in April. I love historic hotels/inns with a bit of luxury.

We booked the Mercer room at the Kehoe House a while ago, but I am reconsidering based on some recent, rather lacklustre reviews. I was looking at the Mary Telfair room at the Hamilton Turner Inn as another possibility.

One thing that worries me is parking. I know the Kehoe House has a parking lot a block away from the hotel, but there is no parking at the Hamilton Turner Inn. We will have a hire car with us (we are also visiting Charlotte, Charleston, Beaufort, and Camden).

Would be grateful for your thoughts...

Should I stick with the Kehoe House or change the booking to the Hamilton Turner Inn? Is one in a better location than the other?

Thanks for your help!

Forestburgh, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

We are in the J Mercer room now at the Hamilton Turner Inn( they both have a Mercer room)it is lovely,with a new walk in shower with a rain shower. The room is spotless. The two fire places in the front parlors are on ( it is very cool tonight)and the sherry we just had was lovely. The personnel has been very helpful including carrying our bags into the inn. We found a parking spot easily and can see our car from our room. We parked on Macon street. There is no elevator at the Hamilton-Hamilton.

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

Thanks Karen, hope you are having a wonderful trip! Thanks for your advice.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

Locations are very close & both are in the heart of the HD. Both are very nice

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

Thanks SavannahBruce. That is very good to know. I think we are going to stick with Kehoe after all.

5. Re: Kehoe House or Hamilton Turner Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Savannah