We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading back, new restaurants to try?

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Heading back, new restaurants to try?

Hey all, we are returning at the end of the month (3 weeks and counting!) and will be in the HD during the music festival. Lookin' for new places to eat. Any ideas for a new spot to eat any meal- no preferences, not too expensive though, Can't wait to come back 'home". Thanks!

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

A Cuban place moved from midtown to downtown a while back called Rancho Alegro http://www.ranchoalegrecuban.com/

Good fresh food.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

Awesome, thanks Bruce, we'll check it out!

New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

Heard the Mrs.Wilkes' Dining room is good( guess abt $18 per person)....Have u tried it before..?

I m looking fwd to trying it!

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

No, we've been many many times now (we bought a home on Wilmington Ilsand and go down to check it periodically plus I got to do a long term consulting gig there for a couple of years) and have yet to go to Mrs. Wilkes. Maybe this trip? I have her cookbook though...we've been to tons of places all over the place and are hoping to hear about something new.

Mentioned in this post
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

You really need to go to Mrs. Wilkes for true Southern cooking. Unique "long table" dining, 10 to 12 people from all over the US including locals & foreign visitors also. I go every year or so. Get there about 10:30 for the 1st sitting. Eat only a little breakfast & plan on eating a snack for dinner. A long slow walk is nice afterwards.

New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

how is "Sisters"...? haven't heard much abt it, but it has good reviews on Yelp.

Mentioned in this post
Sisters
Sisters
554 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

I'll try to check out Sisters, never heard of that one. Any idea where it is located?

Mentioned in this post
Sisters
Sisters
554 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

3 locations but non in the HD The easiest to get to would be on Mall Blvd about 5 miles South of the HD straight down Abercorn St. is easy to find. Skidaway Rd location is about the same distance but not near a mall ( Oglethorpe ) or anything for that matter.. Sister's of the New South. Good Southern food but not of the same quality as say Mrs. Wilkes but a lot cheaper.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

OK, thanks Bruce, I'll find it

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading back, new restaurants to try?

Sisters is very good food.

Mentioned in this post
Sisters
Sisters
554 Reviews
Savannah, GA