We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tours

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tours

Hi!

My girlfriend and I are staying at The Olde Savannah Inn and are interested in a walking tour. We will have part of a Saturday and all of Sunday. Knowing we will be back, we are looking for a good general overview of historical sights, architecture and cultural sights. Any ideas for best walking tours?

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tours

There's several good ones. Explore Savannah, Architecture Tours of Savannah, Savannah's Dan's, Savannah Rambles. These are in no particular order. Explore Savannah is more of a private tour so it will cost a little more but well worth it. All of these tours have been in the top 10 for tours in Savannah for several years. If you want a ghost tour, I recommend Blue Orb or for a haunted pub tour/crawl either Creepy Crawl or Tara Haunted Tours.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Savannah Rambles
Savannah Rambles
288 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Tara Haunted Tours
Tara Haunted Tours
432 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Newburyport...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tours

Thx so much for your time and efforts. Linda and I will appreciate it!

T

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,297 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tours

My favorite is Dirk of Savannah Rambles. He is the best guide in any city I've visited and highly recommend him. No gimmicks or cutesy stuff. He originated the architectural tour when he worked for Savannah's historical foundation during the garden tour weekend and he makes her history come alive. IMO he's the best

Mentioned in this post
Savannah Rambles
Savannah Rambles
288 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Newburyport...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tours

Thank you for your efforts too!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
145 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tours

I highly recommend Savannah Dan. My husband and I have taken his tour a few times and loved it. Here is his website: http://www.savannahdan.com. If you are interested in walkig ghost tour - Blue Orb is the best in my humble opinion.

Let me know your thoughts regarding the owner/innkeeper of The Olde Savannh Inn after your stay. Enjoy your time in Savannah.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Newburyport...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tours

Ok will do. Thx for your inputs!

7. Re: Walking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:16