We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna
Level Contributor
274 posts
446 reviews
Save Topic
Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

Please let me know if Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, offers off-street or valet parking, how much valet is, or other parking options. Our first choice actually is Wiley's Championship BBQ, but I was informed by them that they close between 3 and 5 pm on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure we can't make it until then. So I need another option to dine on Sunday. Don't want to circle around too long after the drive from Atlanta to Savannah.

Sorry for posting this, but I can't send an e-mail to Outback as filling out a US-ZIP-code is mandatory to contact them.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

You can email them, just use 31419 as a zip code. There is a parking garage at Drayton & Congress, 2 blocks from Outback. You do not pay for meter parking on Sat or Sun. You may be able to park almost in front of it or across the street on Bay St.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

You are going to the seafood/low country and you are going to OUTBACK? Please, there are great restaurants all over the area. Go to www.opentable and do a search.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

I think that I would take my chances on a good meal in a strange city with a well known chain rather than an unknown hole-in-the-wall with a cutesy name.

However, the restaurants in Savannah depend on, not only tourists but local patrons. Let's hope they live up to their reviews.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

I have to disagree --- you can go to outback in any city -- when traveling, I prefer some local flavor -- you have multiple good options in Savannah, unless you dislike seafood -- although i am sure most of the good seafood restaurants serve steak as well. I have never been impressed with Outback, other than they have a better salad than Long Horn, and have the blooming onion. But I can't fault you for not wanting to waste money on an unknown versus something you know you like ---- One tactic I always use is to search the reviews, and then look at the license plates of cars in the parking lot of the restaurant as I pull in--- if there aren't a lot of local tags, I move on to my next place on the list.

I have never had the steak at Vics or Pirate House, but I bet they are better than Outback (sorry, when in Savannah, I do seafood -- not steak).

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

I see this is a world traveler from Vienna. Outback is neither cheap nor good, IMO. They are greasy and salty. My daughter is a student at SCAD and I've had great meals there. Yes, parking can present problems, but not horrible. Leoci's has some great Italian, Olde Pink House is divine, get a reservation, Vic's on River is touristy, but good, Gosh there are a slew of great places.

Vienna
Level Contributor
274 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

First: thank you for all the contributions. If it's only me to decide I would always prefer a local dining experience. We are 2 couples and it is not just m to decide. My husband doesn't eat seafood, so I need a dinner place for meat lovers.

Second: we fly into Atlanta from Europe the day before. Stay overnight in Atlanta, visit Coca Cola World and drive southbound to Savannah. I never make a dinner reservation if I'm not sure I can make it on time and I don't like to drive keeping an eye steadily on my watch. We are on vacation. Summary: the options are, a local place for meat lovers with parking (valet would also be ok) or within walking distance from Dresser Palmer House (this is where we'll be staying.)

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

Lovely location! My daughter lives a block away! Do you realize that there are shuttles to take you all over downtown? There are many, many places you can enjoy. I would gently suggest that you call the Palmer House and have them make some personal recommendations for you. The can find you a nice place with a maître d' who knows you are in transit and may be a few minutes late. Sundays are usually a bit more flexible. I know that you will enjoy a more personal and local experience than going to a mediocre chain restaurant, trust me! Please, trust me!

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

Just to throw out another alternative suggestion (not steak), about an hour south of Atlanta off I-75 @ Hwy 36, you will find this restaurant:

http://www.bucknersfamilyrestaurant.com/

This is a southern buffet with many options that is all-you-can-eat. Not sure what time you are leaving Atlanta, but if you stop and fill-up here, you can eat a later dinner in Savannah and not worry about reservations at all. It will give you a taste of the south, and you can still eat Outback if you wish, for dinner. That is if you like southern food !!! It's a far better meal than grabbing fast food along the way -- or could be a stop on your way back.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

Goodness, I gained five pounds just looking at that website! I'm definitely going there if I'm near ATL!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outback Steakhouse, Drayton Street, Parking?

"I think that I would take my chances on a good meal in a strange city with a well known chain rather than an unknown hole-in-the-wall with a cutesy name."

If only there were some website where you could get advice on local restaurants so that you would not be forced to choose between a well-known chain and taking your chances with an unknown local restaurant.

To the OP, Savannah is a great city for restaurants. You'll find tons of restaurant discussions on this site to give you ideas. While I get that on the first night it seems easy just to go with what you know, I hope that you'll venture out of your comfort zone and try something unique to the city for your other meals. Even seafood restaurants have meat options, and not all local restaurants are seafood restaurants.