We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Friendly??

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Friendly??

My husband and I will be visiting Savannah over Labor Day weekend with our son who will be 15 months old.

Since he's so young, we don't really have to do activities that are kid-focused, but we would like to choose a few restaurants that are 'kid-friendly'.

Any suggestions for activities/restaurants that we could all enjoy as a family would be great - any with live music during the day?

We'll be staying at the Hyatt Andaz and prefer restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,231 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Friendly??

Some prior discussions you may find relevant:

http://tinyurl.com/nhfyqck

Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Friendly??

Thanks, that link was helpful. Some seemed to be a little older, so I was hoping for a few updated recs. :)

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Friendly??

Almost all places are "baby friendly", they are just not "Stupid/Rude Parent Friendly". If your baby becomes fussy, do the right thing and get up and go to the bathroom or car until your baby is happy again. I would never begrudge an infant for crying, but I do begrudge parents who ignore their baby/children's behavior in a public place, especially a restaurant, where people are trying to enjoy a meal and each other's company.

Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Friendly??

Agreed.

Fortunately he's usually excellent when we are out.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Friendly??

Since you're staying at the Andaz, you'll be right across the street from a little square that has water fountains for the kids to play in (and it will still be nice and hot Labor Day weekend). There's usually live music in that area (City Market) and most of the restaurants around there are family friendly. Most places on Bay Street or River Street will be kid friendly. We love Persepolis, Ruan Thai and Circa 1875, all of which are within walking distance from your hotel.

Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Friendly??

Thank you, this is exactly the type of info that I was hoping to receive here. I appreciate your helpful response. looking forward to a fun trip in a beautiful city!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Friendly??

You're welcome! Trolley tours are good with little ones because you can hop on and off and take breaks when needed. Also note if you're bringing a stroller that the sidewalks in the historic district are brick and can be uneven, so the bigger the wheels on your stroller, the better.

8. Re: Baby Friendly??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:19