We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

Miami
Level Contributor
444 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

I am only going to be in Savannah for 1 day. So I would like to see and eat at places that gives me a feeling for Savannah. So when you have out of town family/friends coming to visit - where do you take them.

Any and all tips and recommendation will be welcome.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

Mrs. Wilkes for lunch, trolley tour & walk around the historic district. Plenty of historical makers in all the squares.

Miami
Level Contributor
444 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

Do you know if Mrs Wilkes take reservations?

3. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 17:37
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,467 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

Clary's for breakfast, Soho South Café for lunch and Pink House for dinner.

Take a walking tour with Dirk of Savannah Rambles. He's the best guide I've had in any city. He's not gimmicky but originated the architectural tour when he worked for the historical foundation. I've been going to Savannah all of my life and I learned so much from him. Spend a few minutes (only a few) along River street and get a praline sample. Take the free water taxi on the river to rest a bit and get some great views of Savannah from the water.

Miami
Level Contributor
444 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

I hoping that my 1 day turns into 2 or 3 days.

and thanks for the tips

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

There are a few self walking tour books that really get into the history of the squares. St. John the Baptist Cathedral and Forsyth Fountain are definitely worth a stop.

Miami
Level Contributor
444 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

Again thank you & I will post my trip report when I get back in Aug.

8. Re: Only 1 day - need you top 5 things to see & eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16