I am coming to Savannah in October for the first time with my boyfriend. We are staying at The Marshall House and will have a car available to us, though are fine to walk around. We are excited to have a good mix of history / good food / and relaxation, hopefully in nice weather!
We will arrive on a Friday evening around 7 p.m. and leave on Monday morning after breakfast. A few questions:
- Where is a good place to go for dinner convenient to The Marshall House upon arriving, probably around 8:15 on a Friday night? Something at least somewhat casual but good! It doesn't need to be cheap but just not super fancy. Would be nice if they took reservations just so we knew we wouldn't be in for a long wait, but it's okay if not.
- On Saturday, we want to do a walking tour of some kind. I am looking between Savannah Rambles, Southern Strolls, Noble Jones and Savannah Belle - or debating whether to do Savannah Taste Experience instead. We both enjoy food, but I don't know if it would be better to do a traditional walking tour to get the history - though it sounds like there is good history on the food tour, too. Would love to hear from someone who has done both to get an opinion.
- We were also thinking of potentially doing a cooking class at 700 Kitchen. Would that be too much if we did to the food tour? Worth the cost?
- Which ghost tour would you recommend? We plan to do that Sunday evening. I saw positive reviews for Blue Orb and Afterlife, and it looked like Boos and Brews could be fun.
- Breakfast / brunch spots that are worth checking out? (As far as restaurants go, we are definitely planning to go the Olde Pink House for dinner - but aside from that, just have a list of random places with positive reviews we need to delve through. If anywhere is a "must" - at any price level or food type - let me know. We were planning the Olde Pink House to be our nicest meal)
- Last but not least, what else you would you recommend - historical sites? unique shops?
If you have any other advice, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance for your time.