We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

We definitely want to be able to walk to dinner, not drive. But we're elderly, so the stroll needs to be no longer than about 15-20 min.

We like relaxed quiet places, not bustling ones. We like great food, no matter the cuisine. (not red meat lovers)

Grateful for suggestions.

Joe's Homemade Cafe
££ - £££, American, Cafe, Soups
Chive Sea Bar & Lounge
££ - £££, American, Seafood, Fusion
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

I would suggest a pedi cab to any restaurant in the Historic District. One of the closest walkable would be the 17hundres90 restaurant. Basically across the street. Very good lunch & dinners. Pink House is a matter of 300 yards but always crowded. B Mathews is about 1/4 mile as are many restaurants on River ST. including the River House Restaurant which is also nice.

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

Thanks for the reply. My memory (could be mistaken) is that 1790 restaurant is not quiet at all. In fact, when we stay at Presidents Quarters I ask to be in a room away from that place. I don't like River St at all. I will look at reviews of Pink House. What about the Alligator place? (can't remember its exact name) How far is that from Pres Quarters?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Presidents' Quarters Inn
Presidents' Quarters Inn
1,008 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

I can not think of any restaurant other then Elizabeth's on 37th that would not be crowded or noisy. Regular cab for Elizabeth's. . Alligator Soul is about 15 to 20 minute walk East.

Mentioned in this post
Alligator Soul
Alligator Soul
1,650 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

The Pink House. It's just one square north - 3/10 of a mile. If that's too far to walk, call a pedicab but it should be a delightful walk.

plantersinnsavannah.com/the-olde-pink-house-…

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

I have made reservations at Olde Pink House-- though the fact of the restaurant receiving 184 poor and terrible combined ratings does give one pause. Of course there's always going to be people who for one reason or another very much dislike a restaurant. But it's unusual to see that much dissatisfaction.

Mentioned in this post
Olde Pink House
Olde Pink House
2,440 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

Out of 3,981 reviews?

Did the 2,685 "Excellent" impress you?

789 "Very good"?

I've been going to the Pink House for 20 years and their food and service has remained consistent. I've had VIP functions there with 5 to 30 people being entertained and no one has had a bad meal there. Everyone I've taken to the Pink House has raved about the food. Seriously, I've never had a single problem with service, temperature of the food, taste of the food, anything. It's been 100% over 20 years for me, which is why I recommend it so much.

I've rarely seen any restaurant that did not have negative reviews. Perhaps your experience has been different.

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

Back from our trip. We had a very pleasant dinner at Pink House. Both service and food were quite good. Neither of us would consider the food memorable, but it was certainly good. We enjoyed the atmosphere and were pleased that our request for a quiet table was honored. I would recommend it to others, in fact I already have.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

"Neither of us would consider the food memorable" I agree. It has been a while since eating there. and I will have to give it another try in the future but between the two of us, in the past, one part of the dinner was definitely just OK or maybe just not to our taste.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 23:48
9. Re: best restaurant close to Presidents Quarters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 06:17