We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours???

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Tours???

Are there any tours to take that go to S.C. from Savannah? We don't want to rent a car ,but we will if necessary. Is it easy to get around? We will be there for 5 days and looking for lots of activities to fill our time. I read that Charleston was about an hours drive away.True? I would prefer guided tours so we could recieve insider information about what we were seeing and where we were going, the history,etc.I hope to hear that tours are available.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours???

There are no guided tours (that I know of) that go to either Charleston or Beaufort. Charleston is a good 2 hour one-way drive and would take most of the day to see the highlights.

Nobody every thinks of Beaufort. Beaufort is a one-hour drive and is a picturesque, beautiful town on the intercoastal waterway. The only tours they offer - once you get there - are horse and buggy.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours???

I think there is at least one walking tour there, or at least there was a while back. I wish I could remember the name of it...

But Beaufort is absolutely beautiful.

3. Re: Tours???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 10:24