We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staybridge or Hilton

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boxford, MA
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staybridge or Hilton

We've never been to Savannah, but need to book 4 nights. The price is the same.

Which has the better location or reason for choosing? Is parking a problem with either one?

Staybridge Suites on East Bay or Hilton Garden Inn on West Bay?

Thank you for the advice.

BJB7373

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

At the present time, there is a large amount of heavy construction going on near the Garden Inn. It makes for an ugly situation and difficult walking. For that reason, I would suggest the Staybridge. I think it is in a better location for starting a walk through the Historic District.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

I agree with Aileen, Staybridge is brand new and a great spot. I don't think the construction is such a big deal near the Garden but It is a busier noisier part of Bay. Be sure to try B. Matthew's just east of your hotel. Great breakfast and lunch.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

MMMMM....yummy...B. Matthew's French toast.....

Pekin, IL
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

Hi, I am at the Hilton Garden on Bay right now...not the hotel I stayed at year ago..put me in a very cramped double queen room that looked more like a motel six...dirty wall, crumpled bed skirts..awful...

Valet only parking at a significant charge and no breakfast included...by all means stay at the Staybridge rather than here.

After complaining at the desk they moved me to a larger handicapped accessible room with an inconvenient bathroom..roll in shower isn't my cup of tea but it seems that is the only way to get a room here where you don't bump into each other.

I posted earlier that this is an nice place to stay....not true anymore... I will probably change to the Staybridge tomorrow.

Good luck...

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

Sorry Vikkit, hope things have improved.

Boxford, MA
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

Thank you. We confirmed at the Staybridge. TA to the rescue again.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

B. Matthews is now also open for dinner. Just FYI.

savannah, ga
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

The Hilton is in the center of the historic district, and approximately 5 or 6 blocks from River Street and about the same for City Market. They do have parking, but there is a fee. They also have a nice restaurant.

The Staybridge is across from River Street and they also have parking.

There is public transportation-free-runs from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays 7-5.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

There's a bit of confusion here.

One Hilton, The Hilton Desoto, is on LIberty Street which is a few blocks from River Street, but centrally located in the Historic District

Then there are TWO Hilton Garden Inn Hotels, one at 321 West Bay Street and another in midtown Savannah on Abercorn Street.

And just to confuse the issue, there is a Hilton Garden Inn at the Airport. That makes three Hilton Garden Inns in Savannah. We need to watch out for the visitors that are not sure about which one they want.

There must be a good reason why they didn't try to name them differently, but I sure can't guess what it is.

Staybridge is still a good pick for location.

Enjoy your visit!

10. Re: Staybridge or Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Savannah