We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?

Russellville...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?

What I want to know is where is the best place to stay (a hotel or motel) in terms of quality and price? My basic needs are that they place should have good access to Van Buren and some of the area attractions, and the hotel should be clean and have a micro/fridge, wifi, and the basic amenities.

3 replies to this topic
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?

I would stay at Best Western just N of airport or Courtyard downtown. Van Buren is a short drive.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?

I would avoid staying in downtown Ft Smith, if your interest is quick travel to Van Buren. You can get to Van Buren from downtown but it's easier for me when I am staying out by the interstate. There are several newer chain places out by the interstate. You might take a look at Homewood Suites - micros and fridges, larger rooms, decent breakfast, and happy hour “dinner” they call it with a couple drinks included mon-thurs. Expedia shows Homewood about 119. You can save some $ with some of the lesser brands like Best Western who also has a fairly new place nearby. That rate shows up at 99 but might be less by dealing with them directly. There are also quite a few older super-bargain motels in Ft Smith. I’d be cautious, as some are pretty unpleasant.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?

I agree about staying near the Interstate if you want quick access to Van Buren. It seems that nice hotels are being built on Interstate exchanges all over the country by BW, Hampton, La Quinta et al with free happy hour and free breakfast which makes it much nicer.

Reply to: Where's the best place to stay in Fort Smith?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Smith
More Fort Smith Topics