We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Banff by rail

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Vancouver to Banff by rail

Planning my summer 08 vacation. Is it possible to catch a train...NOT A TOUR... from Vancouver to Banff (and back, of course). I'm only coming accross tours which last a few days...I want to get there and enjoy myself once there...any ideas?

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Banff by rail

Vancouver BC or Vancouver, Washington?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Banff by rail

moish, you are on the Vancouver, WA TA Site. Post your stuff on Vancouver, BC TA site.

It happens occasionally :)

Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Banff by rail

yes, you can take Via Rail from Vanc to Jasper. Then you would drive down the parkway into Banff. Rocky Mountaineer is the daytime train from Vanc to Banff or Jasper. Its a private train so more expensive. Via Rail will get you there but you miss a lot of scenerey at nite.

4. Re: Vancouver to Banff by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 23:20
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now