We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brookline restaurant for solo traveler

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Brookline restaurant for solo traveler

I'd love suggestions on a not too expensive place in Brookline for a woman traveling alone to eat at night.

Would prefer fresh, lots of vegetables and heart healthy choices. Not so big on fried, lots of sauces, etc.

Also don't care about spending lots of money (under $20 on the entree would be good.)

Anna's Taqueria sounds interesting, but anytime I see solid 5's it make me suspicious...

My favorites are Mexican/Cuban, Chinese and Italian.

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brookline restaurant for solo traveler

Anna's Taqueria IS very good. So is Rami's Middle Eastern (Falafel). There are a couple of sushi places, there's a deli, lots of very good places.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brookline restaurant for solo traveler

KooKoo's Cafe on Station Street, right across the street from the T, isn't open for dinner -- but get there for breakfast or lunch and you won't be sorry!! It's a great little cafe, beautifully decorated, warm and cozy, with wonderful sandwiches, scones, muffins and all the rest -- it's becoming the neighborhood hang-out, so I'd suggest you go over there and talk to the rest of the owners and other locals about where you could have dinner, they'll point you in the right direction --

-newyorkwalk

3. Re: Brookline restaurant for solo traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Brookline
More Brookline Topics