We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

Vermont
11 posts
Save Topic
Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

My husband and I are (finally) planning our honeymoon trip to Alaska this August (we got married a year ago).

We will be spending 2 days/3 nights in Fairbanks. Does anyone have an opinion on Minnie Street B&B vs All Seasons Inn? They both seem to get good reviews, but I'm wondering which we should choose.

We don't need anything very fancy, but obviously would like someplace that will be nice for a couple of honeymoon nights. Our budget is around $150-$160/night.

Are both of these places centrally located? Does that matter much in Fairbanks? (We will have a car).

Thanks!!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

They are both nice places. Minnie St. B&B is larger but on a fairly busy street, though they have a big yard and a big privacy fence. The reception rooms/dining room is very elegant. I think the Inn, tucked away where it is would be better for a honeymoon couple. I haven't been inside though. They are both in the downtown area so are centrally located, which if you have a car is not a big concern in this town. You can go from one side of town to the other in 15 minutes or less. Congratulations and good luck.

North Carolina
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

Congratulations. I don't know anything about the two places your talking about. Have only been to Fairbanks once. But if your looking for a place that is quiet, peaceful and just plain fabulous, I would offer that you contact Dale and Jo View Suites. They have a room they call the Executive Spa Room. I spent a couple nights there and it is just awesome. The price is also with what your saying you want to spend. Check out their web site. If nothing else more information is always good.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

Since you have a car, as was mentioned before, you can stay anywhere and not be far from activities you want to do. I'm glad you're spending 2 full days, as there are so many things to enjoy that most people have to miss because they allot only 1 day in Fairbanks. You'll have a wonderful time!

And congrats on the overdue honeymoon! :-)

Fairbanks, Alaska
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

I would consider Grand View B&B.

providence, rhode...
Level Contributor
349 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

i just returned from fairbanks, stayed 2 nights at the minnie st B & B, was very nice, breakfast was very nice. very clean, dining room beautiful. there are 3 buildings, i was in the main bldg where the dining room was so i don't know what the other buildings were like inside. there is a very nice deck with hot tub, pretty plants. my only complaint was that i had to share a bathroom with another guest room, i was traveling alone, so i guess they felt it wasn't a big deal for just one person. actually it wasn't really but it's always nicer if you have your own bathroom. i don't think that would happen to you, my room was a single. when i was checking around i found this place to be most reasonable in price. close to downtown, food good, clean rooms

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
146 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

Stayed at Minnie Street last year. There was road contruction all around the B & B. Noise didn't seem to be a problem. We were asked to remove our shoes on entering the building our room was in. I really did't like doing that with the price I was paying. Owners seemed to warm up to visitors from California but had little to do with others staying there. It was clean but a rather cold atmosphere compared with the other B & B's we stayed in throughout Alaska.

Vermont
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

Thanks to everyone for the great information! We are booked at Minnie Street for our two nights in Fairbainks. We are so looking forward to our trip!

8. Re: Minnie Street B&B or All Seasons Inn in Fairbanks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:27