We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th in Fairbanks - Front Street B&B

Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
July 4th in Fairbanks - Front Street B&B

My husband & I are flying into Fairbanks on Fri. July 4th. Our plane gets there around 8:00 pm. First off, I'm looking for a cheap & clean place to stay just for one night as we'll be driving for Denali the next morning.

I found this eccentric little place called the Front Street B&B. The owner advertises rooms for $40. It looks very.. bizarre, lol. But it sounds perfect for me & my hubby (we're 25 and 26 yrs. old). Anyone know anything about this place?? We'll also be staying in Fairbanks for one night when we return home.

My next question is, does anyone know if there are any festivities on July 4th?? And how long do they last? I looked online, but couldn't find any detailed info. Just that there is some festival at Pioneer Park and also a festival at North Pole. After being stuck sitting down almost all day on planes & at the airport, I know we're going to be excited and antsy when we arrive in Fairbanks.. most people would tell us to get some sleep that night, but I know we're going to want to explore the city for a while before we head to bed.. do the city parks, businesses, etc. stay open very late during the long summer daylight hours?? What about the city bus?

Any advice would be great!!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th in Fairbanks - Front Street B&B

Oh yea that is a funky little fun place. I would also go to what's left of the festival at Pioneer park. If you have a car you can drive all the way out South Cushman to the gravel pits where everyone goes to do fireworks. Even if it is still light out, we do some anyways.

2. Re: July 4th in Fairbanks - Front Street B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 01:18