We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of alaska lodge

mvrkpa
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of alaska lodge

Just a heads up on this hotel...Unless your 100% certain your staying there beware.. they have a 365 day non refundable policy formt he day you book .. no matter if you used hotels.com expedia etc they will not honor that sites refund... this is the only hotle in alaska to have that policy

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of alaska lodge

The Taste of Alaska in Fairbanks requires a deposit equal to one night and this deposit is nonrefundable.

No, this is not only hotel in Alaska with such policy. I know at least two other places with a similar policy. I really wanted to stay in one B&B in Juneau but because of their cancellation policy, just like the one you described, this place was not acceptable for us.

I think here is some misunderstanding about a 365 days cancellation policy. Not 365 days. It is nonrefundable regardless when you make reservation. If you reserve this place two years in advance your deposit is nonrefundable.

This is what the website says <Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable on any cancellation. Deposits may be applied to a change in reservation dates, if space is available for the change. All cancellations will result in a minimum penalty of the one (1) night deposit.>

Didn't you notice their cancellation policy before booking? I'm sorry about your experience.

mvrkpa
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of alaska lodge

no the website didnt mention that at all and the hotel charged me 2 nights..in general id avoid a greedy merchant like this and the other supposed 2 hotels in the huge state of alaska.. there are many great places to stay in alaska that dont abuse the system

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of alaska lodge

This information below is from the website of the Taste of Alaska Lodge. It is not easy to find but it's there

Policy

Deposit Requirements:

We require a non-refundable deposit of one (1) night's stay for all confirmed reservations. Your credit card number and expiration date are required for a reservation, and must be given at the time your reservation is made.

Deposit Options:

1. We will charge your deposit to the credit card given with your initial reservation.

2. Check or money order may be sent via postal mail for the deposit. Full payment for one night's stay is required for a confirmed reservation. (Send deposit to the mailing address at the bottom of this page.) Your credit card information will still be required when you make your initial reservation.

3. Stays that exceed 7 days may require a larger deposit. We will contact you if an additional deposit is needed.

4. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable on any cancellation. Deposits may be applied to a change in reservation dates, if space is available for the change. All cancellations will result in a minimum penalty of the one (1) night deposit.

5. Early departures from the reserved period are considered a cancellation and subject to full payment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Check-in is between 3-6pm. The Lodge is staffed until 6pm. If your arrival is later than 6pm, arrangements may be made to leave an "arrival packet" at the office door if we are unavailable at the time of your arrival.

I have read and agree to the above listed Policy. (required

mvrkpa
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of alaska lodge

well now travelers will at least know if they want to book there or use a hotel that will give a refund in case of cancellation.. the choice seems clear to me

5. Re: Taste of alaska lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 21:21