We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi! We are making a trip to Fairbanks to help find an apartment for an army wife. Can someone suggest somewhere affordable to stay?

Thanks,

Cyndi

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,274 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

When are you coming? How long will you be staying in a hotel? Amenities? If you could tell us a bit more, we could better help you. :)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

We will be coming for a week sometime between June 4-17. We don't care about amenities since we will be using it just to sleep. We would prefer to be closer to Wainwright Army Base, but will have a vehicle. We want something as cheap as possible and clean.

Thanks,

Cyndi

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hampton Inn.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,274 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

I did a bit of searching on the web and while it isn't the closest to the base, Alpine lodge had the cheapest rate of $144 a night, which also includes a complimentary breakfast. Hampton Inn was $175 for the same period. Hotwire featured a 1 star hotel for $132. You might contact some of the local B&B's - see if you could get a long term rate for that length of time. Good luck! :)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you all! Does anyone have any suggestions on some decent B & Bs? How far is Denali? We might be interested in taking a couple of side trips as time allows.

Thanks,

Cyndi

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,274 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Here is a site that lists quite a few:

www.bedandbreakfast.com/fairbanks-alaska.html

The only place I have heard negative things about is 7 Gables.

You didn't mention if you were also military - these guys offer a military rate:

http://minniestreetbandb.com/rooms-rates

Denali is about 2 hours south of Fairbanks - www.nps.gov/dena for more info there - also lots of info if you look here on the forum under Denali Park. :)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you so much!! i will check them out!!

Cyndi

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

I wouldn't limit yourself to something particularly close to Ft. WW. It's easy to get across town and only takes about 15 minutes.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you! I have looked at the maps and it did not look very big, but wasn't quite sure.

Cyndi

10. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 23:16