We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

Indiana
Level Contributor
115 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

Will be in Fairbanks for 1 night in July-family of 4 booking connecting rooms. Debating between Pike's Waterfront Lodge vs River's Edge Resort. Which one is nicer in terms of quality of rooms, bedding,cleanliness,etc. Thanks!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

I think Pikes is fancier. I haven't been inside or River's Edge but they are mostly cotteges and an RV park, though they do have rooms in the hotel.

Indiana
Level Contributor
115 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

Thank you-I've been leaning toward Pike's so this confirms it!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,261 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

I have stayed at Pikes - very nice. Also, their restaurant, Pike's Landing has excellent food. :)

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

In my opinion - I didn't care for Pike's Waterfront Lodge. We had a cruisetour a few years back and was looking forward to staying at the Princess Hotel in Fairbanks as we had spent time there in the winter. However, Princess isn't large enough to handle all their tours, so they contract out with Pike's. It was rather disappointing to me and I referred to it as Pike's Waterfront Dump. But, that's me.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

I have stayed both winter and summer at Pikes and have always enjoyed my stays. They have remodeled in the last few years and I have had some good meals at the restaurant. I have never stayed at Rivers Edge so I can't comment.

Indiana
Level Contributor
115 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

Thanks for all the input!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

Interesting to learn that Princess cruise tours sometimes overbook and folks may not be staying in one of their lodges as led to believe......Thank you for letting others know about that Homer John......We see commercials for Pike's on television here in Haines and it looks pretty nice to me, folks who work there seem happy with their jobs, that should make it a worthwhile experience.......

8. Re: Pike's Waterfront vs River's Edge Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 20:20