We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

washington dc
Level Contributor
832 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

Which ice museum is better - Fairbanks or Chena hot Springs?

I could not find out much specific information on the net except for general info, opening hours and prices.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

I have been to the Chena museum, but not the Fairbanks one. From what I have read though, the Chena museum is much better. However I would not drive all the way out to Chena Resort just to see the Ice Museum - it's not worth the drive just for that, IMO. If you are staying out there then you should definitely see it. If you are lucky enough (as we were) to be there on a day when the ice sculptors are working, then it's a much more worthwhile experience.

-JimG

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

I would have the same comments as Jim since I've only been to the one at Chena Hot Springs.

washington dc
Level Contributor
832 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

Thanks

4. Re: ice museum - Fairbanks or Chena Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 04:18