We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

Michigan
Level Contributor
131 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

We'll be starting a Princess cruise-tour in August in Fairbanks and will be arriving a day earlier before our stay in the Princess Riverside Lodge. Can anyone recommend some lodging in the area, for that first night, that is both somewhat close to the Riverside Lodge but offers restaurants in walking distance? Thanks for your help!

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

Pikes is right next door and meets those requirements. Why not book a room at The Princess instead of moving hotels? They should be releasing rooms soon.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,078 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

When we did our one and only Prncess cruisetour a few years ago, they put us up at Pike's Riverfront Lodge as their place was full. We had hoped for Princess as we had stayed in the winter (walked on the Chena River). We were very disappointed with Pike's as carpets were filthy. I referred to it as Pike's Riverfront Dump! I think if you can get a self booking at the Princess good luck. But, perhaps they can work it out with you as you are following up with a cruisetour. And, coming a day early, in my thinking, is smart. That's the way we always do our cruise planning. We heard many horror stories on those who missed their cruise due to delays in traveling

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

There are several hotels in Fairbanks but not necessarily close to the Princess - and there really aren't restaurants in walking distance to Princess . . . downtown Fairbanks would work better for that. Pikes and Alpine Lodge are the only hotels somewhat close to the Princess and a bit closer into town is a Best Western.

Why not rent a car for the day when you arrive and really enjoy Fairbanks - then you can stay anywhere you want. I have never had a problem with Pikes - either the restaurant or the hotel. There is the Marriot Downtown - which is located near some of the best restaurants in Fairbanks - like Lavelle's, Gambardella's, Thai house, etc. Westmark is also a nice hotel. There is also a Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn, though not downtown. Hope this helps a bit more. :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

I agree, why change hotels. .If you booked your cruisetour through a travel agent have them call Princess and add the extra day. If you booked the cruisetour directly yourself just call Princess and ask them to add one more day. I work at Princess Cruises, we do it all the time.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

But the poster asked for an hotel near where you could walk to a variety of restaurants - that is not true of the Fairbanks Princess . . . there is only one other restaurant I can think of that is in walking distance and it is about a mile away . . .

6. Re: Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:15