We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public showers in fairbanks

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
public showers in fairbanks

I have a wee morning hours flight home in July, and will have checked out of my lodging. I understand there are public showers available in Laundromats, and other spots. Can anyone recommend a particularly clean and safe one? Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
729 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public showers in fairbanks

I'm no expert on Fairbanks, but I've never been to an airport that didn't have a shower.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public showers in fairbanks

Unfortunately most airports in the USA do not have shower facilities. In Alaska. there are usually showers at the Harbor and at laundromats.

Cantwell, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public showers in fairbanks

E's laundry downtown used to have a shower but the last time I drove by the building it appears closed permanently. You can google and call and see if anyone answers.

There is also a recreation center in Fairbanks with a pool and weight room. You can go and take a shower for $3.50.

Mary Siah Recreation Center

805 14th Avenue

Fairbanks, Alaska 99701

Alaska
Level Contributor
228 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public showers in fairbanks

Either hamme or Mary Siah pool or the big dipper ice arena locker rooms. Hamme and Mary Siah are next door to each other. Big Dipper is 1/2 mile away. All are super safe and should charge the same as they're all borough properties. Fairbanks is very safe.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: public showers in fairbanks

B & C Laundry on the west side of town, near the University is clean and safe.

Alaska
Level Contributor
228 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public showers in fairbanks

Was just at the Big Dipper and a sign says that they won't have showers available from June-July.

7. Re: public showers in fairbanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:16