We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or South tower at the Westmark

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North or South tower at the Westmark

Looking likely that I am going to choose the Westmark for stopping in Fairbanks in March. Had thought about trying different places while there for the week, but it seems cheaper to stay in one place.

Noticed that the North tower is 10 dollars a night more than the South tower, but the faciltiles lsited are the same. Plus the north tower is 4 storey and the south 8 storey. Whcih one has the best view and is this the reason for the price difference?

Mentioned in this post
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel...
864 Reviews
Fairbanks, AK
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

I would look into the Fairbanks Princess as it sits on the Chena River. Watch the strange activity on the river by the locals

Mentioned in this post
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

Not much of a view in that area, though it is a nice hotel. For the downtown area, I would also consider staying in the Springhill Suites by Marriot. Princess does have nice river views. Will you have a car?

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

Thanks for the comments. I will be hiring a car in Fairbanks, so hotels with parking is a consideration (but I guess most hotels will have parking). Will look at the hotels suggested.

Mentioned in this post
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

The only reason I asked is some hotels are situated near restaurants and other sights to see - some are not. Princess has their own restaurants but you can't walk to any thing near by, other than the Chena river. However, the Springhill & Westmark are located in downtown and you can walk to many things. :)

Mentioned in this post
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center
Westmark Fairbanks Hotel...
864 Reviews
Fairbanks, AK
London
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

Thanks coalminer. Looks like the decision is made as the Princess does not have a room for the times I am booking. I do like walking around new locations so the Springhill's will be ideal.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

Springhill has a great complimentary breakfast, a pool, etc. They are near some good restaurants downtown - 2 Thai places, one Italian and then their own restaurant Lavelle's is very good - I think you will be happy there. :)

Mentioned in this post
Lavelle's Bistro
Lavelle's Bistro
682 Reviews
Fairbanks, AK
7. Re: North or South tower at the Westmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:18