We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

Hi there, my friend and I are arriving on a red eye next week and will be staying at a place in Williamsburg near Bedford & Metropolitan but we can't check in until after noon. Any suggestions on breakfast/brunch places or coffee shops where we would not be a terrible burden with our luggage and post-flight messiness and potentially lingering for some time?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

The accommodations may be able to keep your luggage until you check into your room...

Just up the street is Rabbit Hole that has breakfast everyday. Egg is good but don't knw if they have breakfast everyday and the space is small. Don't do it if you have luggage. Atlas Coffee and Cafe Unique are down on Havenmeyer, a few blocks away. Bring a laptop and hang out for a bit.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

Thanks!

We're doing Airbnb, so unfortunately there's no bellman to hold our bags until the room is ready

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

I hope you don't have any problems with your accommodation. Have you checked to make sure it's legal? I'll look it up for you if you have the address.

I don't know the area well enough to make a suggestion for hanging out, sorry.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

Airbnb is a great option for many cities, but NYC has strict laws prohibiting most short term vacation apartment rentals in multi-family dwellings. People persist in doing it despite the very real threat of being found out and shut down, but it is a shady proposition.

Take BrooklynBridge up on her offer and you can have some idea of what to expect (and perhaps develop an emergency contingency plan). Some places are legal, especially if they are smaller residential buildings where the owner lives on premises, or buildings zoned for such use.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

**We're doing Airbnb, so unfortunately there's no bellman to hold our bags until the room is ready**

You should read the FAQ's in the NYC forum about illegal rentals in NYC.

6. Re: What to do after arriving by red eye before we check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21