We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Hi guys. I'm looking for some advice, recommendations for affordable places to stay in Brooklyn of r a late May or early June trip. I normally stay with family in NJ, but I want to stay in Brooklyn this time.

I know the words "affordable" and "NYC" don't always go together, but I'd love to find a cool, unique, place to stay in Brooklyn. Somewhere in an interesting neighborhood, close to the subway. And of course I would like to not spend a fortune. I'd be traveling by myself so I don't need anything super fancy, just a bed with no bed bugs, and a functioning shower.

I'd love to keep it under $200 a night if possible.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, recommendations.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Mike

New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
381 reviews
from US$186.07*
Hudson's by World Yacht New York...
93 reviews
from US$99.99*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Nu Hotel

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

You will be hard pressed to get a room at the Nu for under $200.....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling $200 was going to be a bit of stretch for NYC.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

http://akwaaba.com/akwaaba-mansion/

The above is a luxury B&B, with a great history. It is located in a great part of Brooklyn, A train right outside your Inn. You won't get nickeled and dimed the whole trip with wifi, snacks etc. In fact you will be treated like family, you know the kind of family people want around. Simply put, we love love love this place. We travel and live all over the world and stay in amazing hotels we mostly never have to pay for and that said, if I could replicate this inn, this service, this hospitality I would do it in a heartbeat.

I just checked..it looks like there is availability early June. I would not expect that to last, and it around your price range..today. Good luck, have a great time

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60827-d284132-…

I probably should have posted the above link as well. Anyway you will see the reviews pros and cons etc.. it really is like staying at your cool aunts house.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,413 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Super 8 Park Slope is very basic but usually cheap and well located.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,413 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

PS the Sheraton Brooklyn is just under $200 at that time and a very NICE 4* hotel. You can likely get a hotel in Manhattan for under $200 at that time if you wanted.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 02:39
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

Thank you!

9. Re: Affordable hotel in Brooklyn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:15