We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Glacier

Branson, Missouri
1 post
Save Topic
West Glacier

We are getting off AmTrak Train at West Glacier Station. It appears we will need to get to Whitefish or Kalispell to rent a car. Does anyone have information on how to get from the train station to the car rental location? We are also thinking of changing our stop and getting off at the Whitefish Station. If we do this, how far is the car rental from the station?

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Glacier

Hertz has a little office at the Whitefish depot and I think you can arrange with one of the agencies in Kalispell to have a vehicle waiting for you at the West Glacier depot.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Glacier

I agree, you need to get off the train in Whitefish. There are 5 rental car agency offices listed in Whitefish. That is where I'd start. One thing to consider is the price. It's possible it may be cheaper for you to pay for a taxi/ride into Kalispell to rent a car than renting in Whitefish.

Spokane, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: West Glacier

It depends on when you are coming to West Glacier. If it is during the summer I hear car rental companies will bring cars to the West Glacier Amtrak Station. I would try the local Hertz or Dollar offices to see if either one will do that.

4. Re: West Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 00:15