We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,341 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Topic
Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

I have taken heed of the information on all the Antelope Canyon tour websites to not change lenses inside due to the fine dust.

So which lense do I use?

I have two for my D-SLR: a 17x85 mm and a 70x300 mm. I won't be using a tripod as both lenses are image stabilizing.

Thanks

Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
Antelope Canyon X by Taadidiin Tours
Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Great question, neighbor. I'll bet the first given the relative narrowness of the Canyon.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,341 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Hey there! That's what I was thinking, but was hoping somebody would know :-)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Being a photographer myself I say cary a can of spray air or learn how to change a lense under your shirt. LOL I don't think you will need a macro lense inside the canyon. I would just stick with the 70-300, thats what I plan on using. With a lot of foot traffic it could be a problem but its all luck of the draw really. I'd still bring a tripod to get the light even if its just a mini tri pod.

Satsuma, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Sounds like you have a canon...Take the 17-85 AND the tripod. I used my 28-70 2.8 and it was perfect PLUS I used my tripod. We went there in May and it turn COLD and WET the first part of the day. Sun broke through just as we were ready to come back through canyon. Got some NICE shoots. The I.S. is nice but you just may need to use a sloow shutter speed. Take it OFF auto and shoot manual, so YOU have control and not the camera.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,341 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

Thanks.

6. Re: Antelope Canyon - camera lenses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 06:24