We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument - Page - Grand Canyon - Vegas

Glasgow
Level Contributor
315 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Monument - Page - Grand Canyon - Vegas

Just changed my itin. for my trip next month and decided to add Page. Can someone confirm the best road to take from Monument to Page (I believe it's a 3 hour drive); then Page to Grand Canyon - what's the best route to South Grand Canyon (again I am guessing it's a 3 hour drive).

Planning on spending one night camping at Monument at Mitten, and camping at Grand Canyon so would like to stay in a really nice hotel/resort in Page - any suggestions? Thought of staying at the Resort?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument - Page - Grand Canyon - Vegas

From MV follow 163 to Kayenta. turn west/south on 160. Take that to the turn off onto 98 which will take you back up to Page. Allow about 2-3 hours for the drive.

In Page, I like to stay at the Marriott. There aren't any really upscale resorts there, but after camping, I think you'll enjoy it.

From page to GCNP (south rim), take Hwy 89 south to Cameron, where you'll turn right and head up AZ 64 to GCNP east gate. You'll enter the park near Desert View about 2-3 hours after you leave Page. Take the next couple of hours or the rest of the day to explore the east rim drive (AZ64) in the park until you arrive at the GC Village area.. Contact the park for reservations at the campground. There are a couple to choose from on the rim.

2. Re: Monument - Page - Grand Canyon - Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Page