We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Which Page hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

We will take a one day side trip mostly to visit Antelope Canyon in mid-August during our week long trip to Utah national Parks. We will leave Zion in the morning to catch the 11:30 AM tour to Antelope since this is the best time to see it from what I read here. We will overnight in Page and leave for Bryce the next day. So we will have afternoon and evening free on that day and I am wondering how to best utilize that time.

I would like to do some boat activity but could not find any suitable schedule. I am considering Colorado River rafting but the afternoon tour starts at 12:30 PM. I am also considering Navajo Tapestry Cruise but the afternoon tour stars at 1PM. So neither tour schedule fits with the Antelope tour I am considering. So my question is:

1. Are there any other similar boat tours that will starts a little late in the afternoon?

2. If we can’t do the boat tours are there any other things (sceneries) we can do for the afternoon?

Thanks very much for your help!

NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

I'm also looking at boat tour options in August & found this list:

lakepowell.com/activities/…

There are some late afternoon and evening tours on the Lake.

Hope this helps.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

To the best of my knowledge, NYSF gave you the website for the only boat tours in the Page area. Other links on the same website will show you info about renting powerboats, waverunners, and kayaks, if that interests you.

Other activity options include:

Walk out to Horseshoe Bend overlook (fabulous view from the rim down to Colorado River), another wonderful scenic view area behind Denny's Restaurant (involves a short but somewhat steep walk), hike to Hanging Gardens, visit the Glen Canyon dam...see exhibits and watch movies in the Visitor Center there and take a dam tour (oops, I mean tour of the dam :-)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Hi,

I am going to Page next week so can not really comment first hand on what is the best time to visit Antelope but from what I have read, anytime is a GREAT time to visit.. . Depending on wether you like crowds or not... why not try an earlier tour of Antelope Canyon, then you will have time to do the afternoon float trip with Colorado River Discovery. If you can wait until the 11 th June, I can tell you better what I think about the times... call me strange, but I am doing Antelope Canyon twice in one day, @ 8.00 am and again @ 11.30am. I am doing this purely for photography reasons.

Hope my rambling helped a little bit

Rod

Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Thank you all for your help.

Rod, Please let me know your experiences of visit antelope canyon at different time of the day after your trip. I am very interested.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

wangy26,

If i forget to post here, you should be able to read about it on my blog which I will be updating every day ( as long as I can get internet connection ) check out rodthomas dot com dot au then click on the blog link....

Stay tuned

Rod

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Hello Wangy26,

You might want to consider taking the 10:30am Antelope Canyon tour with Chief Tsosie. The tour will return to Page at approximately 12pm and will give you enough time to get to the Colorado River Discovery office by 12:30 for their 1pm 1/2 day smooth water float.

We're planning the same itinerary for our visit on July 31st. I called the office for Chief Tsosie's tours to confirm that this schedule will work. Their office in Page is less than a mile away from the Colorado River Discovery office. There are a few fast food places nearby for a quick bite in between or you can pack sandwiches to each while on the river float.

From what I've read, the 10:30am time slot will still put you in Antelope Canyon at prime time for the sunbeams. As for the river float, we did it a few years ago and can't wait to do it again. Enjoy your visit!!

NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Hi not-soon-enough-12,

Did you take the float tour 2 years ago in the summer? We're looking into it for August but we're afraid the 1pm ride will be too hot. What was your experience? Thanks!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

NYSF,

I will be doing the 1pm float trip on the 10th June.. If you like, ill try and remember to post here, if not I will write about it on my blog....

Regards

Rod

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

Hi NYSF,

We took the smooth water float in August of 2005. The weather was hot at times, but not unbearable. The water was actually very cold. If I remember correctly, they told us that the water was 40-50 degrees. (The water that flows through Glen Canyon Dam is drawn from the bottom of Lake Powell where it isn't warmed by the sun).

Our raft guide provided plenty of drinks and clean rags. We soaked the rags in the cold river water and draped them around our necks. We were also given a few opportunities to wade in the water. We didn't have a problem staying cool.

I would recommend wearing a hat and taking plenty of sunscreen. It's a beautiful trip and you won't be disappointed.

10. Re: Need Suggestion/Info for One Day in Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:18