We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48 Hours in PAGE

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
48 Hours in PAGE

We'll be driving from Monument Valley to Page, (July 2009) and will probably stop at Cameron Trading Post en route.

What is the driving time like, and what should we not miss along the way?

Once in Page (Early afternoon?) what should we plan to do (apart from half day float trip which we really like the look of - the next morning one)

Assumig we do the half day float trip the day after we arrive, what should we plan for the afternoon/evenings please?

We plan to have two nights in Page.

Thanks for your help!

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

SORRY!!!

Should have said driving from GCSR tp Page (Not MV!!)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,594 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

The drive time is normally about 3 hours, but it all depends on how often and how long you stop. You'll drive the entire east rim drive to get out of the park. If you've already explored that corridor then you can pass most places, but you'll most likely want to get one last look at Lipan Point, or Desert View. Then at Cameron you could spend 5 minutes or two hours. After that the drive will be a straight shot until you climb the hill up to Page. Stopping along that climb is not unusual as you'll get fabulous views of the river and the cliffs, and then tere's Horseshoe Bend overlook...

Once you arrive in Page the other popular stops are Antelope Canyon, Glen Canyon Dam and of course access to Lake Powell. You have choices, and you'll need to choose or find more time.

Mentioned in this post
Horseshoe Bend
Horseshoe Bend
10,719 Reviews
Page, AZ
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,380 Reviews
Page, AZ
Lake Powell
Lake Powell
919 Reviews
Page, AZ
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

After GCNP,Cameron, the drives, the visits to Horseshoebend and Antelope Canyon same day, the riverfloat next morning I would visit Glen Canyon Dam and then relax at the pool, read a book and have a drink.....

Tet

Mentioned in this post
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,380 Reviews
Page, AZ
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

http://www.pbase.com/dragonflylady

This has photos of the area around page.

When in Page I suggest eating at the Dam Bar and grill its very good. Can be busy some times I suggest sitting at the bar itself (its non smoking inside) the service is faster at the bar.

If you go through Mexican Hat there is a great little cafe called the San Juan cafe. Its right next to the river and bridge.

I would do both upper and lower antelope canyon. Lower is my favorite and less crowded. Once you pay at the booth the kids let you go into the canyon and there really is no "guide" they are just there to check on people.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

Dragonflylady. If we did both tours how long would it take?

Can we do one right after the other or would there be a wait?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

Yes you can do one after the other. Only the upper canyon has the times. The lower canyon you can just go in no real tour is needed. They just come in and check in on you. Regular tourists get 2 hours if you do a photography "tour" you get 4 hours.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

If you take both it is about 4 hours total give or take how much time you take in the lower canyon. But to me thats the more peaceful enjoyable canyon.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,644 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

When I was there at lower Antelope, I paid my money, signed the release, and went down the ladder into the canyon.I asked the guide about rattlesnakes, he said they found one that morning.We did the length of the canyon, and he said I could stay down there as long as I wanted,they close at 5.I was the only one down there.It was very bizarre!Got some great pictures.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

great! thanks to you both.

Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: 48 Hours in PAGE

We were in page just over 24hours. We went on an evening dinner cruse on Lake Powell. Then got up before sunrise and went out to horseshoebend for the sunrise....unbelievable..so peaceful and quiet. Then went on a tour of antelope canyon another must see. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Lake Powell
Lake Powell
919 Reviews
Page, AZ