We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advise for our stay in Page

Which Page hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
366 reviews
Save Topic
Please advise for our stay in Page

We'll be spending one night (Saturday) in Page on our upcoming vacation next month. We are heading in from Monument Valley.

My plan is to be at Antelope Canyon by early/mid Saturday afternoon. I've read many thoughts on which canyon to do. I'm thinking we would start at the Upper Canyon and do the Lower if we have time later in the afternoon.

We want to do something on Lake Powell. Has anyone done the Princess Dinner Cruise? This seems like a romantic way to spend a Saturday evening. Is it worth the money? For Sunday morning I'm having trouble deciding between the half day Rainbow Bridge tour (7:30)and the Navajo Tapestry Tour (9am). Hiking to the Bridge is not an issue.

If we do the Navajo Tour at 9, I'm thinking we can get up early and do Horseshoe Bend at 7am. Everyone says to see this in the morning. If not it would have to be in the afternoon.

Somewhere in this 24 hours we would like to see the Glen Canyon Dam before heading to the North Rim Sunday Afternoon.

Must sees on the way to North Rim? I know there's Marble Canyon. What about Le Fevre Overlook on 89 before getting to Jacob Lake? Where exactly is this spot?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advise for our stay in Page

Just a word of advise. Less is more. you only have 24 hours to visit. Don't cram too much stuff in and be exhausted. Definately do AC and then the marina area. But you may find something you want to do and not have enough time to enjoy things. Save horseshoe for either early am or near sunset.

Take your time and smell the roses.

But I do recommend eating at the Dam Bar and Grill.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,135 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please advise for our stay in Page

Must sees on the way to NR are Navajo Bridges(you drive over one of them)Lees Ferry(where GC raft trips start from)Lonely Dell Ranch,and maybe a short hike up the Paria River valley from the ranch.

The overlook is past Jacob Lake,after the turn to GC.You will see it if you are heading to Fredonia or Kanab,on the right at the top of the hill.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,681 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please advise for our stay in Page

Actually the overlook is between Jacob Lake and Fredonia so you wouldn't be driving by it between Page and Grand Canyon, but maybe after that? where will you be heading next? If you head north from Jacob Lake to Fredonia it will be on your right just before you leave the forest.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please advise for our stay in Page

Thanks for all the help. We're heading to Vegas from the North Rim, so we'll see the overlook then.

dragonfly, I realize we can't do everything. I'm just trying to find the best combination of things to do. It sounds practical for AC early Saturday afternoon, Glen Canyon Dam late afternoon and dinner in town. For Sunday, Navajo Tapestry Tour at 9am, then Horseshoe Bend on the way to the North Rim.

I still wouldn't mind hearing about the dinner cruise and whether it's worth the money. The premise sounds like a cool way to spend an evening.

5. Re: Please advise for our stay in Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 06:19