We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen Canyon

Which Page hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chillicothe, IL
Level Contributor
133 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Glen Canyon

Thinking of visiting April 17-24? Would like to visit Glen Canyon & Grand Staircase. Looks like a lot to do in only 1 week. Is this a good week? Trying to visit before it is too hot and too crowded. Would Oct. or Nov be better?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen Canyon

Probably a good time. It certainly won't be hot. October is my favorite month.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen Canyon

Same here. We visited Page both april and october. November can be a bit chilly. October is great. Nobody can predict weather but our Page stay in april was gorgeous. Shorts and short sleeves. No guarantee though.....

Tet

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen Canyon

Mid-April falls within the Spring Break holiday period, so that time will be busy. Plus April is a transitional time between winter and spring, so the weather, while usually nice, can be all over the place. Case in point: I've seen it snow that time of year many times!

If you're able to pick and choose when to visit, I too would recommend early October. Crowds are starting to thin out because most schoolkids are back to the grind, and the weather is usually more stable. As Tet said, "shorts and t-shirts" most of the time, maybe a light jacket for cool evenings. Plus all the good activities are still going on at that time, such as the Colorado River Float Trip, Antelope Canyon Jeep Tours, Lake Powell Boat Tours, scenic flights, etc.

Still get your lodging booked well in advance, though, because even though it's not crazy-busy like summer, it's still a popular time for folks to visit.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,593 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen Canyon

April is when cabin fever in SLC is finally able to be relieved and we all head out to the warmer climates of the south...My favorite time of the year! It isn't too crowded. If you wanted time on the water then it might be too chilly.

We visited last year in Jan and it was absolutely gorgeous, had a great time!

5. Re: Glen Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 06:17